The major indices are trading lower at the start of the trading week. The NASDAQ is on a six-day winning streak. That is in jeopardy today. However the NASDAQ is outperforming the S&P and Dow in early New York trading.
A snapshot of the major indices currently shows
- S&P index -12 points or -0.38% the 3085.63
- NASDAQ index -6.4 points toward -0.07% and 9939.6
- Dow industrial average -140 points or -0.52% at 25735
in the US debt market, yields are lower on the day with the yield curve flattening a bit.
- 2 year 0.183%, -0.2 basis points
- 5 year 0.315%, -1.1 basis point
- 10 year 0.677%, -1.6 basis points
- 30 year 1.430%, -2.7 basis points
in other markets, gold prices are moving to the upside and trading at session highs. Spot gold is up $14.70 or 0.84% at 1758.63
In the oil complex, WTI crude oil futures for July delivery is trading down $0.08 or -0.2% at $39.67. The August contract is trading up $0.05 or +0.13% at $39.88