The major indices are opening higher with the NASDAQ trading to a new record high. However, the indices have come off premarket levels. The Dow was up around 380 points in pre-New York trading the NASDAQ was up near 80 points. They are both well off those levels - but still higher.
The snapshot of the market currently shows:
- S&P index up 23.49 points or 0.75% at 3141.35
- NASDAQ index is up 58.65 points or 0.58% 10115.12
- Dow industrial average is up 233.55 points or 0.90% at 26258.53
in the US debt market, yields are now trading mixed:
- 2 year 0.187%, -0.4 basis points
- 5 year 0.3347%, -014 basis points
- 10 year 0.725%, +1.6 basis points
- 30 year 1.493%, +2.9 basis points
Gold is trading higher and jumped to its highest level since October 2012. The current prices up $10.10 or 0.58% $1764.70. The high price extended to $1767.29.
WTI crude oil futures are higher but off there highest levels for the day the July contract is up $0.30 or 0.74% at $41.03. The high price reached $41.63. The August contract is currently up $0.32 or 0.78% of $41.17. It's high price reached $41.74.
The US dollar as moved to the downside is now the weakest currency of the majors.