THE wife of a convicted fraudster has sparked fury after a holiday pic of her on the Costa Blanca was posted with the caption: ‘Who says crime doesn’t pay?’
Lynne Graver snapped the pic just two weeks after husband Barry Spearing was jailed for six years over a multi-million pound investment scam.
The 54-year-old seemed unaffected by the misery her husband has caused, the photo shows a relaxed Ms Graver in Pilar de la Horadada, Alicante.
The friend who posted the photo said: “Loving my bestie staying with me Lynne Graver – laughing so much! Who says crime doesn’t pay.”
The comment was followed with three laughing emojis and the hashtag #lifeisgreat.
Elderly and vulnerable people were bombarded with cold calls by Spearing’s gang and pressured into making bogus investments.
One 83-year-old victim was conned out of more than €1.1 million and police have confirmed they are following the money trail.
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Peters said: “Confiscation proceedings are ongoing in relation to Barry Spearing.
‘This will include looking at what assets he has available, such as properties, cars and cash, and he benefited financially from the crimes he committed.”
- Rescue operation under way as cargo ship catches fire off Spain’s Mallorca - 15 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- Wife of crooked British fraudster mocks scam victims in holiday pic from Spain’s Costa Blanca - 15 May, 2019 @ 11:27
- ‘Sequinned C**T’ – British comic Ricky Gervais slams Spanish matador who wiped tears from dying bull - 14 May, 2019 @ 16:11
- Appeal launched for Irish woman missing in Spain as twin sister found ‘very traumatised’ in hospital - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:25
- WATCH: Matador wipes away ‘tears’ of dying bull in a ‘perverse’ move slammed by Spain’s animal rights group - 14 May, 2019 @ 11:30
- OPINION: British fraud victims in Spain can be hopeful after MPs – who never agree on anything – lend support - 13 May, 2019 @ 12:04
- Millionaire Brit recruits world’s top architects for exclusive new community on Spain’s White Island - 12 May, 2019 @ 14:20
- British MPs rally round Brits living in Spain who lost millions in dodgy Mallorca currency firm collapse - 12 May, 2019 @ 12:11
- OPINION: After an expat nursery was forced to close, we must cut red tape so bureaucracy does not put people off Spain - 11 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- EU Ministers to discuss the trade of dirty electricity between Spain and Morocco amid links to controversial REE project in Granada - 11 May, 2019 @ 09:44