A GLOBAL events company has promised to bring a host of national and international artists to the Costa del Sol’s newest venue.
The Marbella Arena, completed last year, is in for an event-packed year after the TeatroGoya group announced its partnership with Sunset Events today.
Created by Miguel Angel Camacho, the company has organised more than 5,000 concerts around the world and previously brought the likes of Stevie Wonder, Joe Cocker and Van Morrison to Marbella.
The new Marbella Arena – a converted bullring – promises to bring a ‘varied list of national and international artists aimed at all audiences, as well as cultural, sporting and corporate events’ throughout the year.
Situated on the outskirts of Puerto Banus, the venue has capacity for 5,000 people and is the largest multiple-purpose leisure venue on the Costa del Sol, featuring a string of restaurants, bars and shops.
The Marbella Arena was previously the Nueva Andalucia bullring.
It came into disrepair following its last bullfight in the late 1990s.
It was built in 1965 and while it was used to host the Davis Cup in 2009, its use fell into question in recent years.
It was taken on by the Grupo Teatro Goya which vowed to turn it into one of the best concert venues in Andalucia.
It now has a concert venue capable of holding 5,000 people and comes with a roof for the rare rainy days.
There are also tens of shops and restaurants at the site.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26