THIS is the moment six people had to be rescued by Policia Nacional after two boats collided off the coast of the Campo de Gibraltar.
The individuals became shipwrecked after the to semi-rigid water vessels crashed into each other just off La Linea de la Concepcion.
A Policia Nacional helicopter was already circling above at around 2pm yesterday when it picked up the collision on its video camera.
Two policeman commandeered a local man’s boat and sailed out into the choppy waters to perform a dramatic rescue.
One castaway was unconscious when they were pulled from the water and had to be resuscitated.
Another was transferred to the SAS Hospital and was treated for hypothermia.
An investigation remains open into the activity of the boats, which are similar to those used in drug runs.
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- BAD FELLAS: Prison guard and 43 others arrested after Cadiz gang teams up with Italian mafia to free cannabis kingpin from Costa del Sol jail - 14 May, 2019 @ 15:54
- British expat cancer sufferer forced to sleep in car after mystery humming noise sends vibrations through Mijas home, with ‘no help’ from community management - 14 May, 2019 @ 15:20
- WATCH: HUGE jellyfish wash up on beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 May, 2019 @ 15:09
- IN PICS: The property portfolios of Spain’s political leaders - 13 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- €30,000-a-night Marbella hotel enjoyed by Lady Gaga and Lenny Kravitz to add exclusive butler service - 13 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Spain-based British expat arrested by armed guards on return from negotiating €200 million business deal in Russia - 13 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- British expat claims tyres were slashed by malicious beggar in Mercadona car park on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 8 May, 2019 @ 14:25