AN animal shelter in southern Spain is appealing to expats and locals to home an ‘inseparable’ doggy couple.
Escobar and Judith arrived at the pound in Los Barrios in 2017 and it was love at first sniff.
“From the moment they set eyes on each other, they bonded immediately, becoming the Romeo and Juliet of the pound,” Victoria Vasquez, from Spanish Stray Dogs told the Olive Press, “They cannot bear to be apart and when together Escobar is constantly touching Judith to ensure she is happy.
“Their love story ensures that their time at the pound is a little less bleak, but also has a dark side, we cannot break their bond to get them adopted separately.
“We need a special adopter willing to adopt them both together and be part of this love story.”
Vasquez added that the pound in Los Barrios is struggling with the high volume of abandoned dogs arriving every day, many of them in ‘terrible condition.’
“There simply is no space to house one more single dog, and help is needed urgently in terms of adoptions and fosters as well as donations to move the more vulnerable dogs onto boarding kennels to keep them safe,” she added.
“Overcrowding raises the dogs stress levels causing the dogs to fight with each other with sometimes terrible consequences.”
Anyone interested in adopting Escobar and Judith please email [email protected]
If people wishes to donate they can do this via [email protected]
- Special high-tech shower for dogs arrives on Marbella beach - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 16:52
- PUPPY LOVE: Appeal to home ‘Romeo and Juliet’ doggy couple who fell in love at first sniff at pound in southern Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- Malaga man, 32, drops dead on padel tennis court during tournament - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 15:39
- Mystery deepens for British father and son who vanished from Costa del Sol two weeks ago as expat reveals dad was on Tinder before vanishing - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 13:06
- Take That and Tom Walker announced for Gibraltar Calling 2019 as government promises ‘biggest festival the Rock has ever seen’ - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- WATCH: ‘Bonkers’ British expats fly from Spain to UK to support Nigel Farage’s new Brexit party and the internet was not happy about it - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:57
- Lower income tax for workers in Andalucia, new regional president vows - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 09:54
- Latest figures show Spain’s property expansion is slowing, but there’s no reason to panic - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:35
- IN PICS: The stunning and highest villages in Spain at risk of abandonment - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- British expat fuming after town hall charges him for having ‘sports facility’ after he put up football goal in back garden on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44