A 32-YEAR-OLD man has died suddenly while playing in a padel tennis tournament.
The man, from Malaga, suffered a sudden cardiac arrest at the El Vivero club in Badajoz on Friday.
According to witnesses, the unnamed man became dizzy on court and fell to the ground as other players rushed to aid him.
A doctor, who happened to be at the tournament, tried to help the player, but he died before the ambulance arrived.
The Malagueño had just moved to Palencia six months prior after accepting a job at the treasury.
The tennis club has a defibrillator on site but it was not enough to save the man.
His body has been transfered to the Forensic Anatomical Institute of Badajoz for an autopsy.
- Special high-tech shower for dogs arrives on Marbella beach - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 16:52
- PUPPY LOVE: Appeal to home ‘Romeo and Juliet’ doggy couple who fell in love at first sniff at pound in southern Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- Malaga man, 32, drops dead on padel tennis court during tournament - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 15:39
- Mystery deepens for British father and son who vanished from Costa del Sol two weeks ago as expat reveals dad was on Tinder before vanishing - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 13:06
- Take That and Tom Walker announced for Gibraltar Calling 2019 as government promises ‘biggest festival the Rock has ever seen’ - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- WATCH: ‘Bonkers’ British expats fly from Spain to UK to support Nigel Farage’s new Brexit party and the internet was not happy about it - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:57
- Lower income tax for workers in Andalucia, new regional president vows - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 09:54
- Latest figures show Spain’s property expansion is slowing, but there’s no reason to panic - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:35
- IN PICS: The stunning and highest villages in Spain at risk of abandonment - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- British expat fuming after town hall charges him for having ‘sports facility’ after he put up football goal in back garden on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44