BENIDORM’S infamous Tiki Beach bar has re-opened today (Friday) after a lengthy legal battle over noise complaints.
Following a closure order last September, the owners held out into the thirsty November fiesta week, before closing much to the dismay of Brits who visited during February half-term holidays.
One fan, Kirsha Knowles, 42, told the Sun she had visited the bar with her husband, 12-year-old daughter and parents last month.
“I was absolutely devastated to see it has closed. Its frontage is covered by big black sheets and workmen are inside,” she said.
“The tables and chairs are gone and things are being ripped out.”
But a video posted to social media today showed the Tiki Beach bar was back to normal – except for the name, which has changed to Aloha Beach.
- Benidorm’s beloved Tiki Beach bar re-opens… but now under name ‘Aloha Beach’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- IN PICS: eagle-owls and kestrels ELECTROCUTED by cables in crucial Spanish wetland - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 18:09
- STRIP TEASE: Nudists protest apartment block to be built behind their Costa Blanca hideaway - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 16:42
- Spanish police officer who murdered Moroccan father-of-two in racist attack has sentence REDUCED for ‘transient mental disorder’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:11
- British expat campaigning to save farmer in southern Spain whose more than 400 cows are facing death after town hall ‘cruelly’ cut electricity and water - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 12:38
- High-speed ferry slashes Costa Blanca–Formentera journey to under two hours - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 12:22
- Alicante among Spanish cities with cheapest rents - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 18:58
- Man’s attempt to win back ex-girlfriend by planting ‘love spell’ pineapple on train tracks ends in TERROR ALERT and one-year restraining order - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:58
- WACKY RACES: Lorry driver SIX times over alcohol limit ends up in ditch with 18 tonnes of mandarins - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 16:58
- REVEALED: Police found ‘trails of blood through the house’ after Spanish wife found dead at hands of alleged British killer - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 12:14